Thursday 7 May 2015

An artist I'd like to talk about

Hi class, I hope you are well, today I´m going to talk to you about an artist I´d like to talk to you

Well… I don´t have any favourite artist, but I´d like very much Salvador Dali and I´d like to talk about him. Salvador Dalí was born on May 11, 1904, in Figueres, Spain. The mother of Dali indulged in his art and early eccentricities. Dalí was practice his art and would eventually go on to study at an academy in Madrid. In1920, he went to Paris and began interacting with artists such as Miro, Magritte and Picasso, which led to Dalí's first Surrealist phase. He is perhaps best known for his 1931 painting The Persistence of Memory ( my favourite since a child ) showing melting clocks in a landscape setting.

Dali´s work exploring many forms including classical painters like Diego Velázquez and Raphael. He also dabbled in avant-garde art movements such as Dada and it philosophy influenced his work throughout his life and he worded in a small collages of his dream images.

Dali was influenced by Sigmund Freud with the psychoanalytic theories





For example in “The persistence of memory”  It´s said that the painting conveys several ideas within the image, chiefly that time isn´t rigid and everything is destructible.

I´m writing about Dali history because I´m interesting in the surrealism that is a movement very pyschologic and maintain. I think he´s important in the artistic world because he breack with the tradition of the painting .

Other artist that I like very much is Paul Cezanne, because he break with the prospect in the painting and reflect about the pictorial language, granting autonomy to the box.
Cezanne was considered the father of moder painting.








No comments:

Post a Comment